Mark Your Calendars! Don’t miss the following events:
- Annual Meeting, Saturday, Oct 2nd at Schoolcraft College in Livonia
- Sewing Challenge 2021
You must register for the challenge no later than Sunday,
August 15. For details contact Laura Lauer at: email@example.com or call 313-402-4278.
You still have time to get your entries finished and be in the drawing to win $500, $400, or $300. Must be present at the Annual Chapter Meeting Oct. 2 to win.
- July 9-11: ASG “Virtual Mini-Conference. 6 classes, 2 hours each; $20 per class or all 6classes for $100. Go to asg.org and click on the “Member’s Only” section for details, registration, and times.
- July 17 & 18: Oxtagon House Quilt & Fiber Show. 10 am to 4 pm. Admission: $6 Location: 57500 Van Dyke, Washington, MI 48094 (just north of 26 Mile Rd.)
- July 22: Free Webinar: “Where’s My Design: How to organize and find your embroidery designs” using Palette software. Go to babylock.com for details.
- September 18: Michigan Stitcher’s Annual Event is back. Holly Meadows Golf & Banquet Center in Capac, MI. 10 am-3 pm. Cost is $25 and sewing gift to exchange. Save the date. More details coming next month, but you can send a check to Sharon Kriesch now if you want to reserve your spot. 325 N. Kester St., Capac, MI 48014.
The July Chapter Sewing Challenge
If you like to decorate your yard with summer flowers, bird baths, and cute statues, you may also choose a seasonal garden flag. These flags generally welcome guests to your home or garden.
Have you ever made a garden flag? Have you always wanted to make one? Well, now’s your
chance. Your July sewing challenge is to make a personalized garden flag. It can be
embroidered or appliqued. It is your creation. Send photos of your completed project to Sue
Knudsen to be placed on our chapter Facebook page. Please send me a photo. I would like to
write a little feature article about your flag for the August bulletin.
“Remember that always dressing in understated good taste is the same as playing dead.” ~ Susan Catherine