Recent Greater Detroit Chapter events we hope you didn’t miss!
- Carlos Correa, Designer at Vogue Patterns http://blog.mccall.com/2014/09/25/20-questions-with-vogue-patterns-designer-carlos-correa/
- Gertie Hirsch, an internationally recognized blogger, sewing expert, author, pattern and fabric designer and, ultimately, the creator of her own independent pattern line. https://bygertie.com
Stefani Lincecum, a designer, patternmaker, sewing instructor and author presented a program on how to draft patterns from our most beloved, great fitting garments, without taking them apart! http://stitchcoach.blogspot.com
- Rami Kim, an 18-time Best of Show winner, presented a program on contemporary art-to-wear, quilts, cloth dolls and bags with a special interest in 3-dimensional textures. http://www.ramikim.com/
- Linda Lee of the Sewing Workshop, Linda provided instructions on how to “Fine Tune Your Sewing Skills.” A Trunk Show and Presentation, “Underneath It All” http://www.sewingworkshop.com
- Debra Beadles artUwear, Clothing Trunk show and classes featuring hand bag construction, designing a jacket and combining sewing and knitting techniques in your sewing projects. http://www.artuwear.net
- Peggy Sagers of Silhouette Patterns, Fitting lecture for B, C & D Cup sizes. Members learned how to fit their shape and easily create well-fitting garments. www.silhouettepatterns.com/
- Dee Atkinson, Vintage Millinery Lecture & Trunk Show on gloves, hats and accessories, as well as a glove making class!
- Lorraine Torrence Designs, creating wearable and wall textile art through the use of color, composition, line and space using techniques of piecing, applique and quilting. http://www.lorrainetorrence.com
- Nancy Nix-Rice, Sew Stylish Event to teach the basics of creating our best look. Click here to see event photos. http://www.nancynixrice.com/
“Remember that always dressing in understated good taste is the same as playing dead.” ~ Susan Catherine