Mark Your Calendars! Don’t miss the following events:
• An Open House featuring the Detroit Chapter “Annual Sewing Challenge” projects will be held at the home of Laura Lauer on Wednesday, October 13th from 11am to 4pm. The prize winners will be announced. Watch your email for a detailed event flyer and registration instructions. A special “Thank You” to the 20 chapter members who shared their talents and their projects for this challenge.
• Plans are underway to bring Pamela Leggett back to Detroit possibly as early as late October or early November. When details are solidified, you will receive a detailed event flyer and registration instructions via email.
• Port Huron Fiber Arts & Quilt Convention September 30-October 2 is cancelled.
• Novi Sewing Expo is November 11-13. If you can volunteer 2 hours to help staff our Detroit Chapter information booth, you could receive a FREE ticket into the event. For more details or to sign-up, contact Tammy Mack (248-549-6362) or (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Quilts & Needle Arts Festival, Wood County Fairgrounds, 13800 W. Poe Rd., Bowling Green, OH 43402. Oct. 21-23. For more info go to: email@example.com Sponsored by the Black Swamp Quilters Guild.
• Check out 2 great Ohio fabric stores: boltandspool.com in Cleveland and sewtospeakshoppe.com in Worthington. Terrific quality and customer service.
• Greatest Fabric Sale Ever!!! Sponsored by the Ann Arbor Quilt Guild. Saturday, October 30, Pittsfield Grange Hall, 3337 Ann Arbor-Saline Rd. ¼ Mile South of I-94. Hundreds of fat-quarters, kits with fabric and instructions, quilt tops, tools, rulers. Prices are by volume of container. Guild members from 9am -11am; everyone else is welcome from 11am to 3pm. Check or Cash only.
• Island Girl Fashions. Unique easy-care, easy-wear fashions for everyday or while you’re away. Two sisters own and sew all the fashions. Location: 5939 WyandotteSt.E., Windsor, Ontario, 519-945-9221, islandgirlfashionscanada.com
• FREE 1964 Singer Featherweight. For more details contact Lois Lyle, 7243 Rattle Run Rd., St. Clair, MI. 810-367-3502 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sewists Needed. Looking for skilled sewists for a new flagpole manufacturing division. Advancement opportunity. Contact Rex Schroeder, Flagpoles Etc., Wixom, MI 248-634-7183 ext. 707
“Remember that always dressing in understated good taste is the same as playing dead.” ~ Susan Catherine