Previous Greater Detroit Chapter events we hope you didn’t miss!
- Annual Meeting, Saturday, Oct 2nd at Schoolcraft College in Livonia
- Sewing Challenge 2021, Win $500, $400 or $300. Check your email for the info.
- DanaMarie Design Co. http://www.TheSewingPlace.com
- Carlos Correa, Designer at Vogue Patterns http://blog.mccall.com/2014/09/25/20-questions-with-vogue-patterns-designer-carlos-correa/
- Gertie Hirsch, an internationally recognized blogger, sewing expert, author, pattern and fabric designer and, ultimately, the creator of her own independent pattern line. https://bygertie.com
Stefani Lincecum, a designer, patternmaker, sewing instructor and author presented a program on how to draft patterns from our most beloved, great fitting garments, without taking them apart! http://stitchcoach.blogspot.com
- Rami Kim, an 18-time Best of Show winner, presented a program on contemporary art-to-wear, quilts, cloth dolls and bags with a special interest in 3-dimensional textures. http://www.ramikim.com/
- Linda Lee of the Sewing Workshop, Linda provided instructions on how to “Fine Tune Your Sewing Skills.” A Trunk Show and Presentation, “Underneath It All” http://www.sewingworkshop.com
“Remember that always dressing in understated good taste is the same as playing dead.” ~ Susan Catherine